Day One

Saturday 1 May 2010


So far, easy to eat vegetarian! It wasn’t hard at all finding things I enjoy that are also healthy and vege. The peanut butter muffin wasn’t my first choice but I had somewhere to be early this morning, and it was very portable (and tasty!). My Mexican salad didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped- kidney beans weren’t nearly as good as black bean would have been! But it tasted fine, was healthy, (minus the ranch) and I was able to get some healthy proteins in with the beans.

I think the most important part of eating healthy and vegetarian is going to be having ingredients on hand to put meals together. It was easy to put together the Mexican salad- just add beans and corn to your salad mix and toss with your dressing and salsa. We had everything already in the pantry.It took hardly any time at all, was moderately filling, and had 2-3 servings of veggies! Add a few baked tortillas and it’s a great meal- not to mention inexpensive.
Mood: I’m feeling great today, even on very little sleep. Happy, positive- no crankiness here!
General Feeling: A little tired from going to bed late, but otherwise feeling good.
Exercise: No formal exercise, but I did park at a friend’s house and walked into town. Not an awful lot of walking, but better than nothing!

Food Journal:
Breakfast- Flaxseed English muffin with natural peanut butter and organic honey, coffee
Snack- dried papaya
Lunch- Romaine and spinach salad with kidney beans (was out of black beans), and corn drizzled with spicy ranch and salsa, water



Snack- Cereal bar
Dinner- Yummy omelet with onions, spinach, and mozzarella and cheddar cheese, wheat toast with jam, OJ

*Snack- apple, popcorn

*Haven’t eaten this yet, but if I have a snack sometime this evening this will be it.

Til tomorrow,

Candace




0 comments:

Post a Comment

For 30 Days Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino